Mopis is a high-quality software synthesizer that combines traditional subtractive synthesis with new technology we call reconstructive synthesis.
Mopis uses subtractive synthesis to create the same sounds that analog synths have used for years. The oscillators generate basic waveforms-- sawtooth, square, triangle, and sine waves-- which are processed by Mopis's filters. The filter options include a warm, non-linear, analog-style filter, so you can get your favorite analog synth sounds out of Mopis.
Our reconstructive synthesis adds a new dimension to your creations. Mopis can analyze your audio sample and create an oscillator that mimics the sample's properties. You can then play the sample back and bend it to your will.
It's not only simple, it's musically intuitive.
Here's some of what Mopis helps you do:
* Adjust the pitch of a sample without changing its speed or getting the "chipmunk effect"
* Adjust the speed without changing the pitch
* Move freely back and forth through a sample
* Loop samples quickly
* Adjust loop points on the fly
* Freeze a sample and turn it into a steady-state oscillator
You can also control any of these features through our modular assign table and create complex, evolving sounds.
* 128 diverse preset instruments
* Up to 32-voice polyphony
* Up to six-voice unison
* Two primitive or sample-based oscillators per voice
* Five filter types
* Three LFOs New tempo syncing in 1.2!
* Delay and cross delay effects New tempo syncing in 1.2!
* Semi-modular assign table
* Loads most common WAV or AIFF samples
* Available as a VSTi or AU New Audio Unit Support in 1.2!
* Runs under both Windows (2000/XP) and Mac (OS X)
* VST 2.2- or Audio Unit-compatible host software
* Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Mac OS X (10.3.9 or later)
* 1 GHz or faster processor (the faster the better)
* sample editing software
* ASIO-compatible sound card (Windows users only)
* Now compatible with both Audio Unit and VST plug-in formats.
* Extended assign table modulation range to ± 100%.
* Tempo-synced LFOs.
* Unpitched sample mode (particularly useful for drum loops).
* Sync sample playback to host tempo (registered version only).
* Fixed handling of Unicode filenames in Windows.
* Fixed MIDI note on timing bug.
* Fixed several GUI-related bugs.
* Fixed numerous stability and compatibility problems.
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 45 years old & lives in Sweden. I'm running a website called Svartling Network. It's tightly integrated with Google+. It's actually Google+ that is my main "blog", a modern blog, my social "RSS" feed, and not the old traditional boring normal text blog with an old RSS feed. So please follow me on Google+ to discuss my thoughts and musings about technology & gadgets.
I have over 56,000 followers on Google+, and over 16 million views of my posts!
Follow me and my posts on Google+ (call it subscribing if you want, it's the new RSS)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - the Svartling Network!
Follow me on Twitter: @svartling
Be a Fan on FaceBook: Svartling Network