Voxengo is most happy to present to you a new universal compressor PC VST plug-in: Marquis. This compressor incorporates all digital signal processing advancements we have made so far. You'll find a very smooth compression performance in this compressor, coupled with a very harmonicaly-rich sound, both suitable for mixing and mastering.
Marquis features a unique signal level detection algorithm, which creates a very open, punchy, compressed sound with an impressive transient response. Beside this, Marquis compressor offers a classic feedback (opto) compression mode switchable to a more common feed-forward compression. Both modes perform differently, but equally well.
While Marquis works fine with normal compression levels, it works exceptionally well for brutal "tape" drum compression. The program-dependent compression release stage can be controlled precisely via the special "contour" parameters this compressor possesses.
All of these excellent features are backed up by a responsive and consistent graphic representation. You may visually control compression function, release contour, key signal filtering EQ curve, level detector, gain reduction and output signal meters.
We would like to focus your attention on a new level meter design we have implemented for Marquis. These level meters are built from four RMS meters, all tuned to different integration times. Such design allows you to evaluate the dynamics of the signal and see the constant signal level, together with transient signal peaks. Conventional level meters are unable to deliver such information, which by itself is most useful when setting up dynamics processing.
* Variable knee design
* Harmonically enhanced sound
* Three compression behaviors
* Feed-forward and feedback (opto) modes
* Different coloration types
* Release contour controls
* Key signal filtering
* 4-level meters
* "A-to-B" comparisons
* Factory presets
* Mono-to-Stereo, Stereo-to-Stereo processing
* All sample rates supported
* 64-bit internal precision
* Native assembler DSP code
* Windows 98 or any later Windows OS
* About 1 MB of harddisk space
* 1+ GHz processor
* Audio application supporting VST plug-ins
Processing is interruped with a short beep every 45 seconds.
Version 1.3, 26-feb-2006
* RMS input-output level difference readout implemented.
* "Sound" selector introduced. It is now possible to switch between the default "Phasy" sound mode to a "Linear" sound mode which offers a phase-linear processing.
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 46 years old & lives in Sweden. I'm running a YouTube channel and website called Svartling Network that is tightly integrated with Google+. I also own the largest Apple Community on Google+. Welcome to join! I use Twitter a lot too, so follow me there and please also subscribe to my YouTube Channel and be a Fan on FaceBook too.