Powerful Audio Recording and Editing Software
REAPER is a powerful but sensible Windows application designed for the recording, arrangement, editing, mixing and rendering of audio. REAPER provides a flexible but easy to use interface that is equally suited to amateurs and professionals alike.
REAPER is a small and lightweight application (the installer is less than 1 megabyte, which includes many effects and a sample project). REAPER is designed with both processing and user interaction speed in mind.
REAPER versions 0.4-0.99 are freeware, but starting with version 1.0 the license will change to very reasonably priced (with amateur and professional rates/support) uncrippled nag-free shareware, supporting unexpiring full functionality in unregistered form.
* Support for an unlimited number of audio tracks
* Audio tracks are all fully routable (multiple inputs, outputs)
* Volume, pan controls and envelopes per track
* Supports audio processing plug-ins (DirectX, DXi, VST, VSTi, and Jesusonic) with automation, easy chain manipulation and editing
* Pitch shifting and time stretching
* Fast, reasonable and usable Windows-style UI, working well on both low and high resolutions or multiple monitors
* ASIO, Kernel Streaming, WaveOut, and DirectSound support for playback and recording
* Reads WAV, OGG, MP3 and MIDI files, records WAV and MIDI files
* Can render to WAV, OGG, MP3 if lame is installed
* Full SMP support (can utilize 2 or more processors)
* Multi-layer undo/redo support
* User creatable color themes