Thursday, April 6, 2006
Sound Forge® software is the tool of choice for media professionals who want to create and edit digital audio files with speed and absolute precision. Acclaimed for its power, stability, and no-nonsense interface, it's the fastest way to get from raw audio to finished master. Sound Forge software is everything you need to analyze, record, and edit audio, produce music loops, digitize and clean-up old recordings, model acoustic environments, create streaming media, and master replication-ready CDs.
Includes CD Architect 5.2 Software
Sound Forge 8 software includes a full version of CD Architect 5.2 software for comprehensive disc-at-once (DAO) CD burning. CD Architect 5.2 software includes CD Text reading and writing, and updated drive support. You can export files directly from Sound Forge to CD Architect software, and Sound Forge 8 regions are automatically imported as CD tracks for fast and efficient CD creation.
A Powerful Audio Editor
Cut, paste, mix, crossfade, and delete audio with unparalleled speed and accuracy. Edit files in real-time at the sample level and work on one file while processing others in the background. Use the new scrub tool to quickly and easily find areas in your audio file. Sound Forge 8 also supports JKL keyboard commands for shuttle control to quickly find sections.
Professional Audio Recording
Sound Forge software provides the ultimate set of tools for recording audio. Record straight into your computer via your sound card and use the Record Timer to begin and end a session at a specific time and date. You can also start recording when a certain audio threshold is reached with Threshold Record Triggering. New in Sound Forge 8 software is low-latency ASIO™ driver support — providing faster, professional results, and support of additional sound cards.
Pristine Audio Quality
Sound Forge software supports full resolution 24-bit/32-bit 192 kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity. Capture the subtle overtones and nuances of instruments, vocals, and effect changes that 24-bit audio provides. With Sound Forge software you can import, save, and even record to this resolution if your hardware supports it.
Professional Audio Effects
Apply over 40 professional studio effects and processes including Volume, EQ, Delay, Chorus, Dynamics, Noise Gate, Pitch Shift, Flange, Vibrato, and more. Chain multiple effects together and apply them to selections or entire files using the Plug-in Chainer. Sound Forge 8 software also supports DirectX and VST effects, including parameter automation to expand the number of effects you can apply to audio — increasing your mastering flexibility.
Extensive Video Support
Sound Forge software supports multiple video formats including AVI, WMV, and MPEG-1 and MPEG-2.* Synchronize audio and video frame-by-frame. Import Flash (SWF) files† to visually synchronize your audio to your project. Includes new MPEG-2 templates for writing HDV-compliant files at both 720p and 1080i resolutions, and AVI templates using the CineForm CFHD codec* for 720p and 1080i intermediate renders. Also included are templates for encoding WMV 720p and 1080p.
ACID Loop Creation Tools
Create your own music loops for use in ACID® software. Create one-shots, loops, and Beatmapped tracks. Using the ACID Loop Creation Toolbar you can display and edit ACID .wav file properties including tempo and root note, finely edit audio clips and shift selections to get the sound you want. When you create a loop, the information you set is embedded in the file, so your loops will change tempo and pitch-shift along with your ACID project.
Audio Restoration Tools
Sound Forge software automatically scans sections of your file and marks sample peaks that are clipping for easy fixing. Use the Vinyl Restoration noise reduction tool to easily remove clicks, pops, and other noise from your recordings.
changes in version 8.0d:
* Support has been added for opening and rendering ATRAC3, ATRAC3plus, and ATRAC Advanced Lossless files.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause Sound Forge to crash when bypassing certain plug-ins using automation envelopes.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause Sound Forge to crash when starting the Batch Converter script if the current file had not yet been saved.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause Sound Forge to crash when running scripts that use markers in a media file and attempt to close the media file via the script.
* A bug has been fixed that could prevent you from dragging regions from the Regions List window to the workspace or to an empty data window.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause Sound Forge to freeze when starting playback on some systems.
* Improvements have been made to resolve issues with certain VST effects.
* An issue has been fixed that could cause some VST effects to unexpectedly revert to their default settings.
* A bug has been fixed that caused preset labels in the Mix, Crossfade, and MIDI Trigger dialogs to display incorrect settings.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented arrow keys from drawing straight lines with the Pencil tool when holding the left mouse button.
* A bug has been fixed that caused recording to stop prematurely when recording 88.2 kHz audio.
* A bug has been fixed that prevented you from undoing sample-rate changes made via the status bar.
* A bug has been fixed that caused file lengths to be displayed incorrectly in the Explorer window.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause lengths to be displayed incorrectly in the Undo/Redo History window.
* A bug has been fixed that could cause Insert Silence to display incorrect time values in the Batch Converter.
* A bug has been fixed that caused the Post-roll setting from Preferences > Previews to be ignored.
* Various issues with the Auto Trim/Crop function have been resolved.
* A bug has been fixed that caused the Markers to Regions command to fail if a selection existed in a file.
Published by Stefan Svartling