Augustus Loop is an emulation of a tape-based delay effect, with some extra features to facilitate its use as a looping device. (If you're unfamiliar with the concept/genre of looping, pay a visit to www.loopers-delight.com).
The key features of Augustus Loop that make it more than just a big delay effect are:
* Really long maximum delay (3600 seconds - that's one hour).
* Tap length/tap record. You can set the loop delay time while recording your first phrase.
* Virtual tape. The delay simulates an old-style tape delay, meaning you can
o change the tape speed (i.e. pitch up and down)
o reverse the tape direction
o smoothly change the delay time (as if you were changing the head gap on a tape delay).
* Multimode filter and saturation in the feedback loop.
* Four feedback taps (left to left, left to right, right to left and right to right) with independent delay time and feedback settings, for ping-pong effects, stereo delays etc.
* Pitch and filter LFOs.
* Loop length can be set in terms of the host's tempo setting.
* The plug-in can output MIDI clock messages to synchronise other applications to its loop.
* PowerPC G3, G4, G5 or Intel Core processor
* Mac OS X 10.2.8 or higher (10.4.x recommended)
* Audio Unit host application
Initially the plug-in runs in demo mode, in which it is fully functional, except that it will time-out after 15 minutes of use. Simply reloading the plug-in resets the time-out.
To remove the time-out, you can purchase a registration. The price is $29 (US dollars, plus VAT if applicable).
v1.6.2, 2nd July 2006
* Fixed a GUI issue with certain hosts (notably Plogue Bidule on Intel).