Augustus Loop is an emulation of a tape-based delay effect, with some extra features to facilitate its use as a looping device. (If you're unfamiliar with the concept/genre of looping, pay a visit to www.loopers-delight.com).
The key features of Augustus Loop that make it more than just a big delay effect are:
* Really long maximum delay (3600 seconds - that's one hour).
* Tap length/tap record. You can set the loop delay time while recording your first phrase.
* Virtual tape. The delay simulates an old-style tape delay, meaning you can
o change the tape speed (i.e. pitch up and down)
o reverse the tape direction
o smoothly change the delay time (as if you were changing the head gap on a tape delay).
* Multimode filter and saturation in the feedback loop.
* Four feedback taps (left to left, left to right, right to left and right to right) with independent delay time and feedback settings, for ping-pong effects, stereo delays etc.
* Pitch and filter LFOs.
* Loop length can be set in terms of the host's tempo setting.
* The plug-in can output MIDI clock messages to synchronise other applications to its loop.
* PowerPC G3, G4, G5 or Intel Core processor
* Mac OS X 10.2.8 or higher (10.4.x recommended)
* Audio Unit host application
Initially the plug-in runs in demo mode, in which it is fully functional, except that it will time-out after 15 minutes of use. Simply reloading the plug-in resets the time-out.
To remove the time-out, you can purchase a registration. The price is $29 (US dollars, plus VAT if applicable).
v1.6.2, 2nd July 2006
* Fixed a GUI issue with certain hosts (notably Plogue Bidule on Intel).
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 45 years old & lives in Sweden. I like Gadgets & Tech. Testing apps & gadgets is something I really like :) You can contact me if you want me to test your products. I often make a video and post it on YouTube too!
These are my devices:
I'm running a website called Svartling Network. It's tightly integrated with Google+, all comments and interactions syncs. Comments on Google+ shows up on the site and vice versa. It is actually Google+ that is my main "blog", a modern blog, my social "RSS" feed, and not the old traditional boring normal text blog with an old RSS feed. I often also embed Google+ posts in my posts, so that you can easily engage with the source. So please follow me on Google+ so you don't miss any of my thoughts and musings about technology & gadgets. I also write for the site Phonejunkies, so go check that site out. My posts are here.
Follow me and my posts on Google+ (call it subscribing if you want, it's the new RSS)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - the Svartling Network!
Follow me on Twitter: @svartling
Be a Fan on FaceBook: Svartling Network