Poly-Ana, analog model polyphonic synthesizer.
From the homepage:
Poly-Ana is finally here! Note that this is a very early Beta release, and some features are still to be filled in. We ask that you check the Coming Soon list before downloading Poly-Ana and using up your free, one week, FULLY-FUNCTIONING evaluation period. Some of you will be ready right now, but for others it may be best to wait a while longer for a later stage Beta release. If you're worried about missing the introductory Beta offer, don't. We'll be announcing when we're getting close, and the Beta version number will be 0.9x immediately before release of version 1.0. So if you need to see something on the Coming Soon list working before purchasing Poly-Ana, please just hang on a little while longer and save your evaluation period! We expect most bug-fixes and new features to be added within the first few weeks of the Beta period. We also expect great improvements in CPU performance by the 1.0 release, as well as throughout the product lifetime. The Version 1.0 release is expected by year-end, 2006 (but if it's a bit later, that's just because we're adding even more features and improvements!)
Get ready for a new experience in virtual analog synthesis! Poly-Ana uses a different approach than most other VA soft-synths which we feel delivers a sound more authentic to the early analog synths that inspired her features. This "brute-force" method admittedly requires more processing power than other common techniques, but is a far truer model of the functioning of real analog instruments. If you obsess over the quality of your sound like we do then you won't mind using a bit more CPU power to help get you closer to that real analog sound; a sound that so many other VA synths fall too-far short of. (Note that Poly-Ana also offers a Quality option to reduce CPU usage during performance-time at the expense of sound quality.) Poly-Ana's voice architecture is an ambitious combination of all the best features of the famous analog classics, plus a few new features (totaling 185 controls!) which, while possible back in the day, would have been prohibitively expensive to implement in hardware. But as a software-only product, Poly-Ana doesn't face these limitations, and we held nothing back in designing our "ultimate analog dream synth". Combine this with a classic styled design that puts every parameter a single click away, with large, easy to grab knobs and switches that behave like the real-world items; and with no hidden drill-down menus so that each and every control is prominently displayed out where you can see it; Poly-Ana offers a true alternative in software synthesis.
* Maximum 12 note polyphony featuring unison, voice detune and a unique poly-unison mode!
* Three oscillators per voice!
* Two filters per voice, 12/24 dB/Oct, LPF/HPF, can be run in parallel or in series allowing for additional multi-mode capability!
* Filter Resonance Modulation. Rarely offered on other synths!
* Stereo signal path throughout the voice. Poly-Ana produces dramatic stereo effects without using any tacked-on delay or chorus effects!
* All voice parameters always visible and accessible with a single click!
* GUI controls that work like the real-world items, like automatic knob detents and single-click toggles!
* Unique modulation routing scheme! All the power of modular without the tedious complications of using patch cables or a modulation matrix.
* Waveform "morphing" creates smooth transitions between oscillator waveforms beyond simple cross-fading!
* Waveform Mod automatically morphs oscillator waveforms!
* PWM for ALL oscillator waveforms!
* Noise Sync. Oscillators can sync to noise source as well as normal pitched tones!
* Two LFOs per voice with retriggering! Allows separate phase for each voice's LFOs.
* Full Host-Sync for LFOs with adjustable phase offset!
* Three ADSR envelopes per voice with adjustable curves!
* Two Modulation Mixers allow for complex combinations of modulation sources!
* Unique, oversampled voice engine sounds more like real analog than any soft-synth you've heard yet!
* Quality control lets you reduce Poly-Ana's CPU power requirements while recording performances.
POLY-ANA VERSION HISTORY / CHANGES
* 0.11 - 2006-10-17 - Fixed crashing of host/ASIO when interface was opened while notes playing. Added presets from MDK.
* 0.10 - 2006-10-10 - Original Beta release.
Windows 2000 or XP, VST Host program
P4 with 533 MHz or faster FSB and memory.
Authorize : Poly-Ana 0.x & 1.x $69.95 USD
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 46 years old & lives in Sweden. I'm running a website called Svartling Network that is tightly integrated with Google+. I also own the largest Apple Community on Google+. Welcome to join!