EffectChainer Version 1.0.1 is now available and fixes some minor problems in 16-bit color mode and supports more plug-ins.
Acon Digital Media EffectChainer is a free DirectX and VST capable universal wrapper and multi-effect rack. With EffectChainer you can load, edit and chain as many DirectX and VST plug-ins you want. EffectChainer itself can be used as a plug-in in any host application supporting DirectX or VST.
* Universal wrapper and effect rack
* Use DirectX plug-ins in applications supporting only VST plug-ins
* Use VST plug-ins in applications supporting only DirectX plug-ins
* Can be used from DirectX and VST compatible host applications
* Supports VST and DirectX plug-ins - you can load as much plug-ins your computer can handle
* Processes audio successively by all loaded and active effects
* Supports mono and stereo inputs / outputs
* Easy to use interface providing access to all features (effect menu, options menu, mute / solo functions, drag & drop to change effect order, editor access)
* Effect editor including complete parameter and program (VST) / preset (DirectX) handling
* Possibility to save and load chains in the Acon Effect Chain file format, the common VST program / bank system or as static presets (DirectX version)
* Share effect chain files across different applications
Before you install EffectChainer, please make sure your computer fulfills the following requirements:
* A Pentium or compatible processor with a clock rate of 500 MHz or more
* Minimum 128 MB RAM
* A Windows compatible sound card
Depending on the number of plug-ins you have loaded to EffectChainer, the requirements, especially the CPU clock rate, can be considerably higher.
In addition, you will need the following software installed on your computer:
* Windows 2000 or Windows XP
* DirectX 8.0 or later
* A DirectX or VST compatible host application (such as Acoustica or other multi-track audio editing or processing software)
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 45 years old & lives in Sweden. I'm running a website called Svartling Network. It's tightly integrated with Google+. It's actually Google+ that is my main "blog", a modern blog, my social "RSS" feed, and not the old traditional boring normal text blog with an old RSS feed. So please follow me on Google+ to discuss my thoughts and musings about technology & gadgets.
I have over 56,000 followers on Google+, and over 16 million views of my posts!
Follow me and my posts on Google+ (call it subscribing if you want, it's the new RSS)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - the Svartling Network!
Follow me on Twitter: @svartling
Be a Fan on FaceBook: Svartling Network