Announcing the next major version of ABL!
AudioRealism Bass Line 2
Since 2003 ABL has established its sound as the industry standard. In 2007 ABL2 achieves important improvements in several key areas. Amongst new features the most important thing is the sound: The bass is improved for less muddiness. The filter has been improved to incorporate subtile nonlinear effects for additional squelch. The distortion unit has been improved with less aliasing. The controls have been calibrated to better match the response of the original. Moreover several new features are present: The new pattern analyzer which can be used to edit patterns and will even detect patterns from audio files.
Pattern analyzer with Audio detection
The new pattern analyzer is a tool for editing and analyzing patterns. In further aid to help users transition their original patterns into ABL an audio detection algorithm has been devised. That's right - it can create patterns using audio files as a source. How does it work? The original patterns are recorded under certain conditions, then simply hit Detect from wave and select the audio file. ABL2 will create a pattern resembling the audio input.
It is possible to copy and paste patterns directly from for example a forum or e-mail using the clipboard functions - no more saving and importing.
Improved filter emulation
The filter has been improved so as to include the nonlinear behavior of the original. This give additional 'squelch' in fast sweeps. See the diagram below where one curve (green) represents the original filters frequency response at one instance and the other (blue) ABL2's response.
On the original 303 it will take the envelope a while to 'warm up' after an accent. When the accent knob is fully counter clockwise this can be perceived as a ducking envelope. This feature is now included in ABL2. Listen to these two comparisons: 303 ducking and ABL ducking.
The pattern library menu allows easy access to your favorite patterns. It also possible to load several patterns in one go by selecting multiple patterns from the Load Pattern dialog.
Two new 3D skins included
Other improved features
* MIDI Learn function now displays all mapped CCs
* Load multiple patterns at once
* Preferences dialog for easier setup
* Pattern section buttons are now MIDI assignable
* ABL2 imports the following file formats: RBS, PH and PAT
* PNG support for easier user skinning
* All ABL1 features remain
* Release date expected late 2006/early 2007.
* Final pricing to be announced.
* ABL1 users may upgrade for a fee of 25 Eur.
* All users that have ordered ABL after Oct 1st, 2006 will receive the upgrade for free, this includes users that order ABL1 now and up until the release of ABL2.
* VST 2.3 for PC
* Audio Units for Mac OS X
Minimum System requirements
* Windows 2000/XP, P4 1 GHz, 256 Meg RAM or equivalent
* Mac OS X 10.3.9, G4 1 GHz or Intel CPU, 256 Mb RAM or equivalent
Features and appearance may change without notice. Certain features may differ between Mac and PC versions
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 46 years old & lives in Sweden. I'm running a YouTube channel and website called Svartling Network that is tightly integrated with Google+. I also own the largest Apple Community on Google+. Welcome to join!