Monday, December 4, 2006
From the homepage:
- Turns your computer into a singer !
- Expressive solo-, background- and choir vocals
- Score editor with total host integration ( VST / AU / RTAS )
- 20+ ready to use natural and artificial voice characters
- Sings in german and american english
- available for Windows XP and Mac Universal Binary
The human voice is the most sophisticated and versatile instrument used in musical expression. With CANTOR an exciting new era of realtime vocal synthesis begins right now ! Imagine entering your lyrics in plain english and then “sing” your lyrics instantly just by playing the melody on your MIDI Keyboard. Add realistic expression with realtime parameters controlling vibrato rate and depth or changing the character of the singing voice from female to male !
Thanks to our new vocal synthesis technology VOSE*, a vast improvement in sound quality and intelligibility was achieved. The range of voice characters is virtually unlimited: it goes from robotic voice characters to highly expressive and nearly realistic sounding voices.
The completely reworked score editor makes it easy and fast to edit the most important sound parameters which give you access to the finest detail of spelling and expressivity of the vocal line. All those editings can be done in realtime: What you hear is what you get.
The new MIDI import feature makes it possible to use pitchbend and expression information. This opens up entirely new applications: if you take for example an analyzing program like Melodyne from Celemony you can take a “real” vocal part and analyze it. After importing you can use this vocal line and combine it with a new voice made by CANTOR !
More than 20 ready to use voices in german and american pronunciation are part of CANTOR 2. Extensive possibilities for phoneme and voice editing makes it easy to create your own individual voice characters – even creating „new“ languages is in your reach !
CANTOR 2 is available as a stand alone program and as host plugin ( VST2.4, RTAS, AudioUnit ) for the platforms Windows XP and Mac OS X. The Mac version is delivered as Universal Binary for Intel-based Mac compatibility.
* VOSE – Vocal Simulation Engine
Multitimbral vocal synthesis
* Realtime vocal synthesizer.
* 8 independent vocal lines (parts).
* English pronouncing dictionary with 120000 words
* German pronouncing dictionary with 100000 words
* VOSE vocal synthesis engine – no samples used.
* Built in sequencer with matrix editor.
* Voice editor for simulating the vocal cord.
* Phoneme editor for simulating the vocal tract.
* Individual modulations for each note.
* MIDI Import function for notes, lyrics, expression and pitch bend data.
* Manual/automatic operation with VST/AudioUnit/RTAS Host.
* Built in mixer for layer and split key functionality.
* Gender factor
* Breath noise
* Stand-alone version for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.4
* VST 2.4 / RTAS compatible version for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.4
* AudioUnit Version for Mac OS X 10.4
* Scala compatible microtuning.
* MIDI Learn function
* 3 Insert effects for every part:
* Distortion with characteristics: Hard, Soft, Tape, Tube and simple tone control.
* Stereo delay / cross delay / echo with MIDI synchronization.
* Modulation effect
* 8-pole phaser
* Roomsimulator (from shoe box to Taj Mahal ...)
Price: 349 euro
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 45 years old & lives in Sweden. I like Gadgets & Tech. Testing apps & gadgets is something I really like :) You can contact me if you want me to test your products. I often make a video and post it on YouTube too!
I'm running a website called Svartling Network. It's tightly integrated with Google+, all comments and interactions syncs. It is actually Google+ that is my main blog, a modern blog, my social "RSS" feed, and not the old traditional normal blog with an old RSS feed. So please follow me on Google+ so you don't miss any of my thoughts and musings about technology & gadgets.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - the Svartling Network!
Follow me on Twitter: @svartling
Be a Fan on FaceBook: Svartling Network