KX77FREE launches Kx-Modulad 2.0, a FREE analog modular synth.
Full parameters controls to make Additive Waveforms with no aliasing.
Full 32 bit High Quality Waveforms.
Same quality for all clock frequencies: 44.1 khz to 192 khz.
3 Polyphonic EGs with for each segment: curves, velocity and Kbd controls.
1 Monophonic EG with for each segment: curves, velocity and Kbd controls.
Multiple trigger sources and sync for the EGs and the LFOs.
2 oscillators with 2 waveforms and 2 outputs with Phase modulation and Sync.
2 independent Sub Oscillators.
1 Stereo SF2 player.
2 Monophonic LFOs with 2 Rates and ASR EG.
2 Mulitmode VCFs.
Mixer with 6 sources: Noise, Vco1 1-2, Vco 2 1-2, Ring, Vco1 Width, Vco2 Width and 3 outputs: VCF1, VCF2, VCA.
Each mixer voice can be modulated by different sources.
Noise Generator with an EQ.
Sample & Hold.
6 host sync clocks.
2 Midi inputs.
2 Delays with sync, multimode filter and modulation oscillator with sync.
1 Scope with 100 ms of buffer size.
Full Midi learn.
Full NRPN implementation.
128 KX presets.
Find more synhts here.
Posted Saturday, November 21, 2009 by Stefan Svartling Labels: free music making software , Modulation , pc , synth , synthesizer
Christian Budde launches Lookahead Limiter, a FREE limiter effect for Windows.
A peak stop look ahead limiter.
- a smooth attack
- adjustable release curve
Find more effects here.
Christian W. Budde
Posted Saturday, November 21, 2009 by Stefan Svartling Labels: effect , free music making software , limiter , pc
TeamDNR launches MixControl 1.0r4, a complete mixing package plugin for Windows and Mac OSX.
- 2 Compressor Modes (transparent/colored)
- 3 level detection modes for gate/comp modules
- Ultra-responsive gate
- Internal gate/comp sidechain with various filters
- Input/Output FFT with peak hold on EQ display
- 6 band precision EQ via filter curve measurement
- A wide variety of EQ filter types (12 / 24 / 36 / 48dB)
- Brickwall limiter with release control
- 3 band stereo enhancer with auto makeup + solo
- Dynamics->EQ or EQ->Dynamics processing
- Dynamics metering (envelope follower/peak)
- Extra long input sample delay
- Sub-preset loading and saving (EQ, comp, etc)
- Phase Inversion, input and output gain
- 64-bit internal processing
- Extremely low CPU usage
u-he unveils ACE (Any Cable Everywhere), a new software synth for both Windows and Mac OS X. Looks cool!
ETA: early December 2009
formats: VST on Windows, VST/AU/RTAS on MacOS X
system requirments Mac: Apple Macintosh Computer running MacOS X 10.4+ on a G4 processor or newer, Intel Core 2 Duo or better recommended
system requirments Win: VST2 compatible host software on a PC with SSE2 supporting processor, Intel Core 2 Duo or better recommended
number of presets and such: tba
Find other synths here.
Posted Wednesday, November 18, 2009 by Stefan Svartling Labels: mac , Mac OS X , pc , synth , synthesizer , Virtual Studio Technology , Windows
Richard Lawler unveils PatternMusic, a new music app for iPhone & iPod Touch.
• Intuitively mix and arrange your songs by moving instrument icons.
* Multi-Touch Pattern Editor
• Easily create unique looping note patterns.
• Up to 64 notes per pattern via the scrolling timeline.
• 50 instrument voices to choose from.
• A full drum kit and percussion set.
* Instrument and Song Settings
• Auto-save - PatternMusic automatically saves your songs when you quit or when you are interrupted by a phone call, and it automatically restores your last session when you return.
• access and control without leaving the app.
Find more iPhone Music Apps here.
"PatternMusic was designed to inspire creativity, learning and experimentation in music enthusiasts and experts alike" PatternMusic
Posted Wednesday, November 18, 2009 by Stefan Svartling Labels: Handhelds , iphone , IPod Touch , music app , Music sequencer , rhythm box , step sequencer , tool
Asymptotic Valley launches Inorganic1, a FREE VST synth for Windows.
- 2 oscillators, each with subtractive option
- 2 Oscillator Phase Offset Modulations
- Adjustable Oscilloscope with input selection
- State Variable Filter with ADSR Envelope
- Amplitude Envelope ADSR
- Delay Effect
- Reverb Effect
Find other synths here.
"Inorganic1 - The Subtractive Synthesizer, Realistic 3D view, Oscilloscope" Asymptotic Valley
Posted Tuesday, November 17, 2009 by Stefan Svartling Labels: free music making software , instrument , pc , synth , synthesizer , Virtual Studio Technology
Wildfunk has released the virtual kick drum sound module "WildKick".
128 fresh new kick drums for House, Dance, Minimal and Techno productions.
Every kick has been carefully created to offer you really new and useable stuff.
They have enhanced all kicks with transient settings, layering, filtering, eqing and compression. The plugin itself isn't just a sample player, it allows you to tweak (pitch, decay, damp, click and drive) the kicks right into your tracks.
Contains 47 soft, 33 medium and 48 hard kicks.
All samples (725 MB) are available in WAV format (.wav) in 16-bit / 44.1
kHz / mono.
Price: 22 Euro
Find more sounds here.
Posted Tuesday, November 17, 2009 by Stefan Svartling Labels: mac , pc , sample player , Samples and Loops , Sound Files , sounds
Cableguys launches FilterShaper 2, a cool VST effect plugin that allows you to create complex volume, pan and filter modulations.
Draw your own modulations
Pan, volume, Filter
New in this version:
Now available for both PC and Mac
Unique Parallel Routing
Filter Panning and Volume Control
Modulation of Master Pan Control
Improved User Interface
Find other effects here.
"This plugin is a dream come true for producers who need a professional tool to shape, warp and mangle their audio" Cableguys
Posted Monday, November 16, 2009 by Stefan Svartling Labels: effect , filter , Low-frequency oscillation , mac , pc , Plug-in , plugin , Sound effect
WOK unveils ClockWOrK, a new Vintage Step sequencer VST for Windows.
clear and easy interface
number of steps selectable
note per step selectable from 3 octaves with display
additional row for velocity or MIDI CC
each step can be muted or skipped
sequence transpose by MIDI input
manual step thru the sequence with button or MIDI key
reset to a specific step manually or on bar start
play only when MIDI key is pressed
supports automation by your host
MIDI-ouput; any plugin or synthesizer can be used as sound source
Price: 39 Euro
Find other Step Sequencers here.
"A MIDI Stepsequencer plugin for your DAW, giving you all the options of the vintage hardware at a mouseclick" WOK
Posted Monday, November 16, 2009 by Stefan Svartling Labels: Music sequencer , pc , step sequencer , Virtual Studio Technology
Finally the end of the week is here and this is the Weekly Wrapup:
- Arrangement Tool: af Kreativt Dårhus - major sketc...
- Instrument: Autodafe - B8 Organ / Pc / Free
- Effect: SKnote - FD4
- Effect: Image-Line - Vocodex
- Effect: synthgeek - sg-glitchgate / Pc / Free
- Effect: Subsun - Wobbles / Mac / Free
- Synthesizer: miniSoftMusiK - FEM 1 / Pc / Free
- Synthesizer: Progress Audio - Kinisis
- Weekly Software Wrapup 11/01 - 11/08 (10)
Posted Sunday, November 15, 2009 by Stefan Svartling Labels: music making software , vst , vsti , weekly software wrapup