"Big, fat, warm, deep, rich, and exciting are just some of the terms used to describe what recording onto a piece of magnetic tape sounds like. Most of all, tape is more musical.
To capture the sound of tape is to capture a living, breathing sound that dynamically reacts to the music going on to it"
- Two tape machine types:
- 2" 16 track
- 1/2" mastering deck
- Two tape formulations
- Two speeds: 15 ips and 30 ips
- Noise reduction control and auto mute
- Wow & Flutter control
- Bass alignment control
- Normal, Low & High Bias settings
- Level Calibration
- VU ballistics
- Grouping control
- Settings global or per channel
- Tape reels start and stop in sync with DAW transport