At an event in Taiwan today, HTC unveiled it's latest flagship, the HTC Butterfly S.
The new HTC Butterfly S has a nice 5-inch Super LCD 3 display with full 1920 x 1080 HD resolution, and a Snapdragon 600 processor at 1.9GHz. It also has 2GB of RAM and the 16GB of internal storage. So this is a high end phone with really nice specs. And the Butterfly S also has a microSD card slot, and that doesn't even the HTC One has. Very good.
And of course has the Butterfly S stereo BoomSound speakers and the new UltraPixel camera, with the same camera features as the HTC One.
Another thing that is awesome in this handset is the battery, HTC managed to put in a 3,200mAh battery! That is very impressive, so the battery life will be extremely good.
It runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and of course HTC Sense 5 on top.
The price will be around $766.
Here is my video on what I think of it:
HTC Butterfly S specs:
- SIM : GSM
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- Quad-core 1.9 GHz Krait 300 Processor
- Adreno 320 GPU
- Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600 Chipset
- 5 inch Super LCD3 Capacitive Touchscreen (1080 x 1920 pixels)
- Dimensions : 144.5 x 70.5 x 10.6 mm
- Weight : 160 g
- 4 MP UltraPixel Primary Camera
- Features : 1/3” sensor size, 2µm pixel size, simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, face and smile detection
- 2.1 MP Secondary Camera
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB Internal Memory
- 64 GB Expandable Memory through microSD card
- Dropbox (25 GB storage)
- Connectivity : 2G, 3G, GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, A-GPS, NFC, micro USB v2.0 Connectivity
- Speed : HSDPA, HSUPA
- Sensors : Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- FM Radio
- 3.5 mm Jack
- Stereo speakers, built-in amplifiers
- Beats Audio sound
- 3200 mAh Battery