Monday, July 17, 2006
Spectra is a synthesizer plug-in which combines multistage additive synthesis with subtractive synthesis in an easy to operate and intuitive product. It provides you with a wealth of timbral possibilities, ranging from classic synthesizer sounds to re-synthesized instrument sounds and sound morphing. It features a 250 partial additive engine with up to 8 detune-able oscillators per Voice. Up to 100 harmonies can be made on a timeline for re-synthesis and harmony morphing. An audio analyzer is available to convert wave files into harmonies. The subtractive part includes 12 analog modeled filters with resonance, two of those to self-oscillation. Two LFO’s are available for tremolo, vibrato and filter modulations. Five flexible multipoint envelopes with looping and time-stretch capabilities are available to control amplitude, filter cut-off, pitch and modulation level for each of the two LFO’s. The effect section features Chorus / Flanger, Delay, Phaser and Reverb. A two bank preset system is available for easy program handling; you can, for instance, browse through one bank and easily save your favorite sounds to the other bank. There is no latency, which makes this the ideal instrument for real time performance in the studio or on stage.
* Multistage additive and subtractive synthesis
* 250 partials additive engine
* 8 detune-able oscillators per voice
* Harmony morphing with looping and time-stretch
* Analog modeled filters
* Polyphonic portamento
* Audio Analyzer
* 2 LFOs with 12 waveforms, sync and sample / hold
* 5 multipoint envelopes with looping and time-stretch
* Waveform presets
* Full pedal implementation
* Midi Modulation
* Midi Learn
* 1100+ Preset Programs (constantly growing)
* Parameter Automation (VST)
* 256 Voices
* Chorus / Flanger, Delay, Phaser and Reverb effects
* Sample accurate processing
* 2 banks preset system for easy program handling
* MIDI range filtering
* Low CPU usage
* Zero Latency
* 318 presets added – now totaling 1119.
* German Users Manual.
* Update to VST SDK 2.4
* Spurious parameters (changing without being touched) fixed.
* Some minor bug fixes.
Price: 148 dollar
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 45 years old & lives in Sweden. I like Gadgets & Tech. Testing apps & gadgets is something I really like :) You can contact me if you want me to test your products. I often make a video and post it on YouTube too!
I'm running a website called Svartling Network. It's tightly integrated with Google+, all comments and interactions syncs. It is actually Google+ that is my main blog, a modern blog, my social "RSS" feed, and not the old traditional normal blog with an old RSS feed. So please follow me on Google+ so you don't miss any of my thoughts and musings about technology & gadgets.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - the Svartling Network!
Follow me on Twitter: @svartling
Be a Fan on FaceBook: Svartling Network