KickMaker is a synthesizer designed specifically to create good kick drum sounds. It uses four independent oscillators and a wide range of effects, allowing one to create perfectly customized beats. KickMaker is the perfect solution for producers who are tired of using factory samples or ordinary drum machines, and want an easy way to create a wide range kicks for their tracks.
* Four oscillator synthesis, with each oscillator being independently tuned in the range of 20Hz - 125Hz
* ADSR envelopes provided for each oscillator (with visual feedback), as well as a global ADSR curve
* Fine-tuning of oscillators allow for adjustment of frequencies within 0.1Hz
* Mixer for oscillators provides easy way of controlling the presence of each wave
* Per-oscillator white-noise generator
* Per-oscillator phase control
* "Frequency Expander" effect available for each oscillator. This effect will start the oscillator at a higher frequency and drop the frequency to the originally tuned value. The end result creates a realistic "smack" noise that can be used to generate a wide range of kicks.
* Compression effect with variable attack, release, threshhold, and ratio parameters.
* Convenient preset manager allows for one-click saving and deletion of presets, as well as scrolling through preset banks.
* Quick on-screen help reference
* Available as a universal binary for Mac OSX as both an Audio Unit and VST
* Mac OSX 10.2 or greater, G4/G5/Intel processor 800Mhz or faster
* Windows 2000 or XP, Intel Pentium class processor (or equivalent), 1.0Ghz or faster
* 512Mb RAM
* An AU or VST-compatible host.
A new build of KickMaker is available. It features the following improvements and bugfixes:
* By popular demand, KickMaker is now a pitched instrument! Instead of using absolute frequencies for the knobs, the frequency of each beat is determined by the incoming MIDI note. The knobs will add +/- 10% Hz to this frequency, and the fine tuning knobs +/- 1% Hz. We advise using notes in the C0-C1 range for the best kick sounds.
* A lowpass filter has been added to the effects section
* Issues with distribution under Windows XP have been corrected. The dependence on the Visual Studio runtime has been removed (previous users upgrading from v1r3 may choose to uninstall the visual studio runtime if they choose).
* Improvements to the user interface, including a larger click area for the oscillator switches and text input handling for the preset display and menu
* Other minor bugfixes and performance enhancements
* Some new factory presets have been added to the "Generic" group
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 45 years old & lives in Sweden. I like Gadgets & Tech. Testing apps & gadgets is something I really like :) You can contact me if you want me to test your products. I often make a video and post it on YouTube too!
These are my devices:
I'm running a website called Svartling Network. It's tightly integrated with Google+, all comments and interactions syncs. Comments on Google+ shows up on the site and vice versa. It is actually Google+ that is my main "blog", a modern blog, my social "RSS" feed, and not the old traditional boring normal text blog with an old RSS feed. I often also embed Google+ posts in my posts, so that you can easily engage with the source. So please follow me on Google+ so you don't miss any of my thoughts and musings about technology & gadgets. I also write for the site Phonejunkies, so go check that site out. My posts are here.
Follow me and my posts on Google+ (call it subscribing if you want, it's the new RSS)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - the Svartling Network!
Follow me on Twitter: @svartling
Be a Fan on FaceBook: Svartling Network