The MPG64-A (Midi Pattern Generator 64 Alpha) is a 64 step midi sequencer designed to run on Windows XP with a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768. In addition to playing midi notes, the MPG64-A is capable of simultaneously recording the resulting audio, creating loopable WAV files that can be used in any audio application. An 'Auto Set' feature can be used to automatically calculate and correct for latency of the midi device prior to recording, resulting in loopable samples. The 64 step pattern data can also be exported to a midi file. The MPG64-A features a row of parameter knobs which can control the duration and velocity of each note, and can also be used to set values for two continuous controllers. A 'Controller Automation' feature uses preset patterns to modulate the continuous controllers to create filter sweeps and random 'sample and hold' type effects. The MPG64-A is also designed to run as a plug-in for Tu2 by Bram Bos. When using the MPG64-A to trigger a software synthesizer running on the same computer, you may need to install a 'midi loopback' such as MIDIYOKE.
New in V03 - many new improvements including:
* program renamed 'MPG64-A' (A = analogue) in anticipation of 'MPG64-R' version
* improved knob behavior
* new 'function select' short cuts: click directly on text or LED to activate desired function
* parm knob setting can also be selected by clicking directly on text (duration, velocity, controller 1&2)
* new 'pattern steps' function: allows for different pattern lengths (2-64 steps)
* sample recording length is automatically adjusted to match pattern steps when 'loopable length' is selected
* program does not exit after rendering .wav except when running as Tu2 plugin
* new copy feature: ability to reverse entire pattern
* bug fix: fixed tempo change when changing sync modes during playback
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 46 years old & lives in Sweden. I'm running a website called Svartling Network that is tightly integrated with Google+. I also own the largest Apple Community on Google+. Welcome to join!