* Universal Binary support
* Vst 2.4 \ Cubase 4 ready
* A new installer, regrouping all previous updates
From the homepage:
Ever dreamt of using one of the best synthesizers ever made? Ever dreamt of working with a modular system whose sound is part of musical legend?
Arturia, in partnership with Bob Moog, has made it possible with a faithful reproduction of one of the most famous series of synthesizers: Moog Modular.
Because it is modular, the Moog Modular V offers endless possibilities for synthesis.
9 oscillators, 3 filter slots, 2 LFOs, 6 envelopes, VCAs, mixers, triggers, a 3x8 step-sequencer, etc.
With such an instrument, you can make all types of combinations and create sounds that were never heard before.
TAE®, standing for True Analog Emulation, is a new technology developed by Arturia, enabling the digital reproduction of analog circuits. The implementation of TAE in Moog Modular V results in:
* aliasing-free oscillators, at no extra CPU cost.
* better reproduction of analog oscillators: the condensers' unload and the oscillators' instability are simulated, helping to reproduce a typical warm sound.
* very accurate reproduction of the legendary Moog 24 dB low-pass filter.
* implementation of soft clipping, i.e. reproduction of the filters' current limiting function.
Benefit from the experience of the best sound designers
The Moog Modular V comes loaded with more than 400 presets made by a selection of the most talented sound designers.
What's new in Moog Modular V2 ?
* One unique scrollable view to overlook the entire synth.
* Some of the modules are now interchangeable, allowing to configure - to a certain extent - the Modular the desired way.
New audio possibilities:
* Improvements on the oscillators (new free running), on the filters (better response to modulations), on the envelopes (faster and even closer to true analogical behaviour).
* New Unison mode
* New Audio-In possibilities
* The Soft-clipping emulation is now done on each mixer and not systematically on all of them, which saves on CPU load.
* 1630 Bode Frequency Shifter. Developed under the Moog license by Harold Bode in 1964, it is extremely rare (a dozen Worldwide).
* 928 Sample and hold is also very rare. Originally assembled in a separate cabinet, it was adapted on the last modular series, in the late 70's.
* 912 Envelope follower (or Schmit Trigger). One of the most popular modules on the Moog systems, it was often added to original configuration to create complex modulation through the use of an output signal.
* 12 stage phaser. The Moog 12 Stage Phaser was very well known, and originally conceived as an external rack to the Modular systems.
* Formant Filter. A new module developed by Arturia, which did not exist on the original Moog systems. It allows the filtering of sounds according to the formants a, e, i, o, u.
* Ring Modulator. Also a new module developed by Arturia, it creates very metallic sounds.
* 200 new presets to provide optimal use of the new modules.
1 Ghz processor, 256 MB of RAM, Windows 98 SE / 2000 / XP
1 Ghz CPU, 256 MB of RAM, MacOS 9.2 or higher, Mac OS X.2 or higher
Sound Card :
Any sound card compatible with DirectX, ASIO, SoundManager or CoreAudio
A 425-paged paper manual is provided in 3 languages: French, English and Japanese.
Copy protection: the installation CD is only required each time you want to import new banks of presets or when you install an update patch of the product.
Moog Modular V in detail...
* Stereo synthesizer
* Mono / polyphonic (up to 64 voices per instrument)
* Soft clipping function
* No aliasing from 0.1 Hz to 16 kHz
* 64-bit floating point precision
* Sampling rate: up to 96 kHz
* More than 400 presets, made by professionals
* Playable through a MIDI keyboard
* 9 oscillators
* 2 LFOs
* 3 filter slots
* 1 noise generator
* 6 ADSR envelopes
* 2 VCAs
* 16 auxiliary VCAs with modulation inputs
* 24-step sequencer
* 1 filter bank (14 bandwidths available)
* 1 stereo delay
* 1 chorus
Price: 249 dollar
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 46 years old & lives in Sweden. I'm running a website called Svartling Network that is tightly integrated with Google+. I also own the largest Apple Community on Google+. Welcome to join!