Crysonic releases Spectralive NXT, a new mastering processor for PC. Looks really good, costs 55 dollar. I hope it sounds good too.
The Second Generation Professional Audio Vitality Processor
Crysonic has announced the release and availability of SPECTRALIVE NXT, utilizing a completely new engine with 10 algorithms and processors designed for high end professional use. Taking the lead from the very popular Spectralive with over 2500+ users worldwide, SPECTRALIVE NXT incorporates many new features including a semi-parametric Analog based fine-tuning EQ powered by the second generation Crysonic Spectral Audio Vitalizer.
SPECTRALIVE NXT is "the" definitive secret weapon for attaining that professional "commercial" sound. The Spectralive™ process is a novel and proprietary approach for imparting Vitality and warmth to all your audio material
Master, Mix, Track your music on an even playing field regardless of your monitor speakers setup or quality.
WHAT IS THE SPECTRALIVE NXT PROCESSOR?
The Spectralive process is a novel and proprietary approach to facilitating Mixing and Mastering of music for professional and “commercial” quality results.
Spectralive NXT uses a considerably different method to achieve it’s pleasing (sonically correct, phase-accurate) and fresh sound in an unexpected way when compared with other products such as enharmonic exciters, enhancers, analog tube simulators. Spectralive NXT does not add any artificial harmonics or overtone content thereby eliminating the inherent “hiss” introduced by other exciter and enhancer type effects. There are a number of ways in which we can describe the effect of Spectralive NXT and some of them would be Vitality (this we believe is the primary description), Warmth, Better stereo coherence, Less phase distortion, reduction of frequency masking, extra sparkle, more presence, greatly improved spectral definition and less Harmonic distortion.
Spectralive NXT has been designed from the outset to be used in many configurations in your rig and to provide full technical details regarding the Spectralive NXT process is beyond the scope of this overview, however, providing a brief application of Spectralive NXT should give you a basic idea in it’s capabilities. One of the most important areas of usage for Spectralive NXT is in the final Mastering stage of your music, so lets have a look in to this a little more.
Mastering is probably the single most important aspects of music production, which is often overlooked and misunderstood by many. The mastering stage is usually the final stage before the production goes on to CD, Radio, TV, tape or Internet distribution via suitable compression methods such as mp3. One important aim of mastering is to make your music sound as close as possible to the “intended” sound on truly extraordinary number of different loudspeaker systems in use today. The “intended” sound is the problem area since how does one know what is the intended sound?
Part of the problem lies with how loudspeakers with multiple drivers are designed and how the human ear perceives sound. Speakers with multiple drivers i.e. with tweeters, woofers and midrange limit the signal entering in to the drivers via filters know as a cross over network such as Linkwitz-Riley, Bessel and Butterworth. Primarily most cross over networks alter what is known as frequency phase relationship, even though ever so slightly in most cases this causes “Phase Distortion”
SPECTRALIVE NXT main features
• 10 New Algorithms and 10 ProcessorsNEW
• Switchable Analog based parametric EQ for fine-tuning NEW
• The second generation VST to utilize the spectral-vitality process
• The Spectralive™ process is a novel and proprietary approach for imparting Vitality and warmth to all your audio material
• Master, Mix, Track your music on an even playing field regardless of your monitor speakers setup or quality
• More then 2500+ Pro/ Users World Wide (Spectralive)
• Library of 64 quality presets
• Increase Stereo coherencel
• Sonically Correct mastering
• Decrease Phase Distortion
• Audio Frequency targeting
• Intelligent Phase control
• Mastering, Mixing, Tracking, Vocals, Guitars, Keyboards, Virtual Instruments and Live
• 24bit/96Khz audio support
• Highly optimized custom DSP code
• Impart Vitality and Clarity to any audio material without any artificial harmonics
• Ideal for vitalizing dynamics during tracking
• Shape Spectral definition
• Increase stereo separation and definition without any artifacts
• Decrease frequency masking effects during mixing and mastering
• Reduce phase and amplitude dependency on the fundamental and Harmonic frequencies that exist between most loudspeakers
• Boost the bottom-end without affecting the midrange frequencies
• Enhance presence during live performances
• Increase dynamics for sound effects for games and other related media
Price: 55 dollar
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 46 years old & lives in Sweden. I'm running a YouTube channel and website called Svartling Network that is tightly integrated with Google+. I have an English short-form podcast called The 5 minute podcast! And I also have a really great Swedish podcast that you can subscribe to called Svartlingcast. Read more here. I also own the largest Apple Community on Google+. Welcome to join! I use Twitter a lot too, so follow me there and please also subscribe to my YouTube Channel and be a Fan on FaceBook too.