* Each preset can be under 2 different categories.
* When the waveform type of a modulator is sample & hold, phase and tone parameters control the attack and release times of the waveform steps.
* SynthMaster presets are now recognized by VST hosts. Also, each preset's name is prefixed by its category name to make searching for presets easier.
* Within the preset browser tree inside SynthMaster Standalone, a selected preset can now be loaded by pressing the return key.
* Modulators work incorrectly in mono mode.
* SynthMaster VST / VSTi is out of sync when playback is re-started.
* Easy parameters are not synchronized when a linked parameter changes.
SynthMaster FREE! is a full working version of SynthMaster with only 3 limitations:
* 2 plug-in instances (for VST, VSTi and RTAS versions)
* 5 voices per instance polyphony
* 10 bits resolution for audio input
* Windows 2000/XP SP2
* 256 MB RAM (Minimum), 512 MB recommended
* 800 Mhz Processor (Minimum), 1.8 Ghz recommended
* 1024 x 768 Screen resolution
* For VST/VSTi versions: VST host application supporting VST2.0 and above
* For RTAS version: ProTools 6.4 and above
SynthMaster consists of the following parts:
* 3 Additive Oscillators: Each multi-waveform oscillator has its own volume / frequency (pitch) envelope.
* 3 Multi-mode Filters: Each filter has 23 different modes ranging from 1 pole (6dB/oct) lowpass to 4 pole (24 dB/oct) resonant self-saturating lowpass. Filters can be connected in three different configurations: Series, parallel and split.
* 4 Modulators: The modulators can be used as LFOs (low frequency oscillators) or audio rate oscillators to modulate other modulators, multi-mode filters or the additive oscillators. Each modulator has its own envelope.
* 2 MIDI LFOs: These 2 LFOs are used to generate MIDI CC messages to modulate instrument parameters. Since each CC can be linked to 16 instrument parameters, it is possible to modulate 32 different instruments parameters at the same time using the MIDI LFOs.
* 2 32 step Patterns: The patterns could be used as waveforms for modulators or MIDI LFOs. Since the number of steps is user adjustable, it is possible to generate patterns in rhythms other than 4/4, such as 9/8, 8/7, 5/8, etc.
* 16 Step Arpeggiator: The arpeggiator in SynthMaster is like no other arpeggiator you have seen before. Every step has its own volume, length and delta. The number of steps is user adjustable, so it is possible to generate arpeggios in rhythms other than 4/4, such as 9/8, 8/7, 5/8, etc.
* 8 Band parametric EQ: The EQ could be constructed in different combinations such as parallel, series, or input + series. Each band in the EQ could be bypassed, which makes it possible to construct a very flexible parametric EQ.
* Stereo Echo / Delay: The echo effect has feedback and filter cutoff parameters, and its delay size is tempo synced.
* 16 Band Vocoder: The vocoder uses analog modeled bandpass filters. Either the synth output or the audio input can be used as carrier/modulator signal for the vocoder.
* Stereo Chorus / Flanger: The chorus effect in SynthMaster has separate delay and rate controls for the left and right outputs, which widens the stereo width of the effect output.
* Stereo Reverb: The reverb effect in SynthMaster is based on physical modeling. You can specify physical parameters such as the room size, the distance of the left & right sound sources, and the width between the sound sources.