Yamaha announce a completely new version of VOCALOID, which includes major improvements in usability and synthesis quality.
VOCALOID is a technology and application software developed by Yamaha that enables users to synthesize authentic-sounding singing by just typing in lyrics and melody. Yamaha announced its development in 2003, and in 2004 the first application software product was launched. It was not released as a Yamaha product, but a software package of Vocaloid Singer Libraries developed by third party licensees (Zero-G, and Crypton) which included Yamaha's Vocaloid software. So far, Leon, Lola and Miriam have been released from Zero-G (UK), while Meiko and Kaito have been released from Crypton Future Media (Japan).
Key Features of VOCALOID2
VOCALOID2 is a new version of VOCALOID, which includes major improvements in usability and synthesis quality. Here are the key features:
* New GUI: The VOCALOID Editor (score editing tool) of VOCALOID2 has a cool new look with improved user functionality.
* A much more realistic and natural sounding vocal: The synthesis engine of VOCALOID2 uses a different signal processing technique from Version 1, creating a clearer and more natural vocal.
* Realtime Keyboard Performance (VST Instrument): Written lyrics can be assigned a note by touch of a keyboard. Now you can "sing" using a keyboard.
* New functionalities and improvements: Much easier to use functionalities are newly implemented, which reduce workloads in creating your music. Existing functionalities are also improved.
* Note auditioning: If you press a note, singing with lyrics and pitch will be assigned to the note. Instantly check lyrics and notes.
* Transparent control track: Control track for controlling timbre is transparent, so you can check two parameters at once.
* Toggling between Playback and Rendering You can specify playback/rendering mode for each track. By rendering the finished track, you can reduce CPU load in playback. Maximum number of tracks is 16.
* Expression control: You can easily specify musical expression (attack and vibrato) with this intuitive user interface.
VOCALOID2 will not be released as a Yamaha product. It will be released as a package of VOCALOID singer libraries developed by third party licensees which includes Yamaha's software, and will be sold by the licensee. The following title will be released by Zero-G in Spring 2007: "PRIMA" (Classical soprano singer) - more info about PRIMA will appear on the Zero-G website soon! We hope to demonstrate the voice at the Frankfurt Music Messe in late March 2007, but it will not be ready for release until later in the Spring.
CPU: Pentium 4 2GHz / Athlon XP 2000+ or faster (Pentium 4 2.8GHz / Athlon 64 2800+ or faster recommended).
RAM: 512MB or more (1GB or more recommended, 2GB or more recommended in using realtime VSTi).
HDD: Depends on the size of singer library.
OS: Windows XP Professional / Home Edition.
- Piano-roll editor;
- Note editing / Automatic phonetic conversion / Phonetic editing / Note auditioning;
- Transparent control track;
- Toggling between playback/rendering;
- Expression control;
- Synchronization with host sequencer through ReWire.
VOCALOID Playback VSTi:
- Playback sequence created with VOCALOID Editor
VOCALOID Realtime VSTi:
- Keyboard performance with lyrics input in advance;
- 4 polyphonic
Posted Wednesday, February 07, 2007 by Stefan Svartling Labels: music making , music making programs , pc
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 46 years old & lives in Sweden. I'm running a YouTube channel and website called Svartling Network that is tightly integrated with Google+. I also own the largest Apple Community on Google+. Welcome to join!