Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is finally official. After doing some videos about, I can now say it's here, and it is a direct competition to the iPad mini and the Nexus 7.
Some Apple lovers has tweeted, shared and blogged that it's a clone of the iPad mini, but I think they are wrong. It's just the same size and form factor. Apple doesn't own the 7-8 inch form factor.
7-8 inch tablets is the evolution of the tablet. I think that will be the size for tablets to have. 10 inch tablets will vanish. Because there is no point in them. You can rather have a small utrabook or MacBook Air.
The future will be phablets between 5 and below 7 inch, tablets around 7-8 inch, and ultrabooks around 10-12 inch. Then we will have wearable devices like Google Glasses and Apples iWatch that communicate with our other mobile devices.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 specs:
- Processor: 1.6 GHz quad-core Exynos
- Display: 8-inch WXGA display (1280×800 at 189 ppi)
- Operating system: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Network: HSPA+ 21Mbps (850/900/1900/2100)
- Camera: 5 megapixel (rear), 1.3-megapixels (front)
- Video: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV, DivX (1080p full HD video @ 30 fps)
- Audio: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, AC3, FLAC; 3.5mm headphone jack
- GPS: aGPS + GLONASS (3G version)
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4 and 5 GHz; WiFi Direct; AllShareCast; Bluetooth 4.0; USB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer; Digital compass; Proximity sensor
- Memory/Storage: 2GB RAM, 32/64GB storage; microSD card (up to 64 GB)
- Dimensions: 210.8 x 135.9 x 7.95
- Weight: 338 grams
- Battery: 4,600 mAh
- S Pen optimized features: S Note, S Planner, e-mail with handwriting integration; Quick Command; Easy Clip; Photo Note; Paper Artist; Air View; Popup Note; Popup Video; Shape Match; Formula Match; Idea Sketch
- Sharing Features: AllShare Play; AllShare Cast (Wifi Display mirroring and extension); AllShare Framework