So Oppo has finally unveiled the N1 phablet. It has a 5.9-inch 1080p display and a quite cool 13 megapixel camera solution. The camera can be rotated and work as both a front and back camera. That’s a first.
Another cool thing is that you can choose to have CyanogenMod pre-installed.
I think Oppo has a very interesting product in the N1, and I think it will succeed. Especially with a price around $570 dollar for the 16GB version.
The most interesting is probably the 13MP camera, which sits on a case-mounted hinge and rotates to serve as both the rear and front cameras.
The camera will activate upon rotation, and the 206-degree rotation axis has been stress-tested for 100,000 uses.
OPPO N1 Specifications:
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 170.7 x 82.6 x 9 mm
- Weight: 213 g
- Operating system: Color, based on Android 4.2
- Processor: 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Quad Core
- GPU: Adreno 320
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 16 / 32 GB
- Battery capacity: 3610 mAh
- Screen: 5.9-‐inch, 1080p Full HD IPS display (1920 x 1080 pixels), 377 PPI, 16 million colors
- Touchscreen: Multi-‐touch, capacitive screen
- O-‐Touch: Slide up or down, left or right, tap, double tap and long press for different functionality
- Rotating Camera: 13-‐megapixel sensor with dedicated ISP, Dual-‐mode LED, Aperture f/2.0
- Scene modes: Normal, Panorama, High Speed, Rewind, Beautify, and Slow Shutter
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- WCDMA: 850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz
- USB OTG, Bluetooth 4.0, 5G Wi-‐Fi 802.11 ac, Wi-‐Fi Direct, Wi-‐Fi Display, GPS, Distance sensor, Light sensor, G-‐sensor, 4D Gyroscope
- In the box: OPPO N1, O-‐Click Bluetooth Remote Control, In-‐ear type earphones, Micro USB cable, Charger, SIM ejector tool
Here is a video about what I think of the Oppo N1 with CyanogenMod:
CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices. It’s based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android. See more posts tagged CyanogenMod. ↩
OPPO Electronics Corp., Ltd is an electronics manufacturer based in Dongguan, Guangdong, China. Its major product lines include MP3 players, portable Media players, LCD-TVs, eBooks, DVD/Blu-ray Disc players and mobile phones. Founded in 2004, the company has registered the Oppo brand name in many parts of the world, with a company mission to become one of the worldwide leading brand in consumer electronics. ↩