So Apple had an event where they presented some new products. As I predicted, it was a quite boring event. The new 4-inch iPhone SE that looks identical to the iPhone 5s, but a lot more powerful. They also presented another smaller 9.7-inch iPad Pro that looks like the iPad Air 2 but with a new better True Tone Display and a 12 megapixel protruding camera. And Apple also presented some new watch bands for the Apple Watch. Sadly no new second gen 12-inch Macbook though… Below you can read my notes from the event.
- There are now more than 1 billion Apple devices in use.
- CareKit It's a new thing for health data for Apple. It could be a real differentiator to the competitors.
- New woven nylon band. It comes in a few different colors, it has a "four layer construction."
- Apple Watch will now start at $299. An incredibly good price.
- New color for sport and leather bands, and a space-black Milanese loop.
- Last year Apple sold 30 million 4-inch iPhones.
- You can get it in rose gold. It has a stainless steel logo. It still has the glass on the top and bottom on the back, as the iPhone 5S.
- It has a 64 bit A9 processor and the M9 motion coprocessor.
- It Supports Hey Siri
- Battery improvements
- 12 megapixel camera
- Supports Live photos
- Supports Apple pay
- Costs $399 for 16GB, $499 for 64GB
- Available March 31
- Available in 100 countries end of May
- There are over one million iPad apps now.
- The new smaller iPad Pro has a Pro display - An oxide TFT display
- Brightest tablet available
- It's a "True Tone display," which measures the color temperature to the ambient light and adjusts the screen to match.
- 4 speakers as the bigger brother
- Same A9x processor
- New antenna design
- Custom-sized Smart Keyboard as an accessory
- SD card reader and a powered USB card reader lightning adapters. You can use it with an ethernet adapter or a microphone.
- Support apple pencil
- 12-megapixel camera on this iPad Pro. 4K video
- The camera is Protruding
- Rose Gold is an option.
- iPad Pro 9.7 32GB costs $599. 128GB is $749. 256GB, $899 (12.9 iPad with 256GB is $1099)
- Available March 31