Apple has presented a new, slimmer iPad, the iPad Air, that is designed more like the iPad mini.
It also has a fingerprint scanner like the iPhone 5S has.
The new iPad Air has the same 64-bit A7 chipset as the iPhone 5S, that is branded the A7X, with a slightly upgraded SOC that is optimized for the iPad’s Retina display.
- 7.5mm thin, 20 percent thinner than outgoing model.
- 9.7-inch Retina display with a smaller bezel. 43 percent thinner.
- Lighter as well: 1 pound, down from 1.4 pounds. Very light!
- M7 motion co-processor as well.
- Up to 8x faster performance, 72x faster graphics performance.
- Faster WiFI, with MIMO for multiple antennas for 2x speed 802.11ac More LTE bands
- 5MP iSight, FaceTime HD camera with larger pixels, dual microphones, 1080p HD video recording, improved backside illumination on the sensors
- 10hr battery life
- Comes in silver and white, and space gray and black.
- Replaces the existing full-sized iPad. Starts at $499 for 16GB WiFi, $629 to add in LTE
- iPad Air ships November 1st in a huge list of countries, including China in the first wave