The Pro version is intended to take what ABL is good at and extend on that to reach new sonic possibilities but with the same feeling. Extended range on oscillators and filters (which now goes up to self oscillation). Audio rate modulation is possible on the excellent filter and oscillators which can be swept from bass up to treble ceiling while retaining low aliasing and without any other digital artifacts. The slave (audio) oscillators can be tuned +/- 48 semitones with 1 cents accuracy from master oscillator. This range aids in making sweeps that feel unconfined and lets your music breath. The modulation generator can be used as a third oscillator while routed to multiple destinations. A stereo delay unit with modulatable delay times will aid you in making interesting and atmospheric sounds.
ABL Pro is mainly designed to be used as monophonic sequenced type of instrument. However it can be played polyphonically, or polyphonically sequenced. The instrument comes with a variety of patches: sequenced, polyphonic, monophonic, fx, etc.
Most modules send or accept control voltage (CV) which means the signal path can be modified in real time without any glitches in the audio. Sequencer has CV Gate/Note output and can be used when playing ABL Pro in Note mode, monophonic- or polyphonically.
AUX signal processing
ABL Pro can process external signals, for example through its filter. The AUX envelope follower outputs CV which allows you to patch up interesting effects. Even limiter and compression type of effects can be achieved.
The instrument contains an excellent self oscillating filter with tracking and filter modulation from oscillators, and has a 22kHz range (at 44.1kHz sampling rate).
The envelopes are extremely snappy and evaluated every sample, no approximations here.
* 2 (+1) Oscillators with sawtooth, squarewave, pulse, triangle and sinus waveforms
* Sync and ring modulation between oscillators
* Noise generator with variable color
* 2 ADSR envelopes
* Full range oscillators with no aliasing
* Non-linear filter with self oscillation and VCF tracking
* Modulation generator with audio rate frequency (can be used as third oscillator)
* Can be used to process external signals, for example through the VCF
* Stereo Delay unit with modulatable delay time (left & right)
* 32-voice polyphonic mode
* Patch cable system allows additional CV routing
* 500+ preset patches and sequences
* 2 Voltage controlled oscillators
* 1 Voltage controlled noise generator
* 1 Modulation Generator with Audio Output, which can be used as 3rd VCO
* 1 Voltage controlled filter (3 filter types, 18dB, 24dBSO and 24dBSO 2xoversampled)
* 2 Envelope generators (Main envelope generator and volume envelope generator), with voltage control
* Oscillation operator unit (ring and sync between oscillators)
* 1 Envelope follower for AUX signals
* 1 Stereo delay with voltage controlled delay times
* 2 Inverter modules
* 2 Attenuators, one with lag output
* 1 Sequencer with CV Note/Gate output and gate outputs for Slide and Accent
* 7 octave range
* 64 steps x 128 patterns
* Effects per step: Accent, Slide, Transpose up & down
* Prescale per pattern: 1/16, 1/32, 1/16T and 1/8T
Many of the features from ABL are still there:
* Internal pattern sequencer
* User skinnable
* Full Midi CC control with learning function
* Rebirth pattern import
* Freebee pattern import/export
* Two Midi modes (Pattern and Note)
* To be announced
* Registered ABL users will obtain a cross-grade offer
* Serial code delivered by e-mail
* VST 2.0 PC/Mac OS X
* AudioUnit scheduled for later release
* Windows 2000/XP, P4 1 GHz, 256 Meg RAM or equivalent
* Mac OS X 10.3, G4 1 GHz, 256 Mb RAM or equivalent
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 46 years old & lives in Sweden. I'm running a YouTube channel and website called Svartling Network that is tightly integrated with Google+. I have an English short-form podcast called The 5 minute podcast! And I also have a really great Swedish podcast that you can subscribe to called Svartlingcast. Read more here. I also own the largest Apple Community on Google+. Welcome to join! I use Twitter a lot too, so follow me there and please also subscribe to my YouTube Channel and be a Fan on FaceBook too.