Due to the recent major changes and updates of RetroBand with version 1.5, preset compatibility with the old version 1.0 could not be maintained. There were simply too many changes to the DSP engine. Rest assured that future updates will never break preset compatibility, and when migrating projects you can keep using all versions. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Version 1.5.1, 20-dec-2006
1. Fixed dependency on zlib1.dll and the file is no longer needed.
2. Fixed complete muting of sound or crashing in certain hosts when switching presets or opening the editor window.
3. Adjusted individual band 'Emp' parameter range and knob behaviour.
4. Removed sound bursts when switching presets.
5. Shortcut to installed HTML manual now works.
6. Mouse no longer "clamps" when tweaking knobs.
Version 1.5, 16-dec-2006
1. Mac OSX Tiger Universal Binary versions now available.
2. Windows version is no longer tied to SSE enabled CPUs and will work on even older models.
3. CPU and RAM usage excessively optimised, in some cases more than halved.
4. All processing is now internally 64-bit -> improved sound quality.
5. New 'residual' noise mode. (does not apply to Lite version).
6. Alternative Drive mode.
7. Main output volume attenuator.
8. Safety 100Hz Hi-pass filter.
9. Various tweaks and optimisations of the DSP engine.
10. Preset maintenance removed.
11. Plugin initialisation is significantly faster.
12. Installer for better deployment, detects CPU and enables right optimisations for it.
RetroBand models several aspects of the interaction between gain stages and transformers of analogue gear, referred to as intra-modulation (IM), ie. Class A/B gain stage switching distortion. It also features several forms of transient shaping in-between the stages.
Throw a spanner in the perfect digital engine
As opposed to sterile but perfect digital sound, IM is a distortion that can sound good. It happens especially in less than ideal analogue class A/B gain staging, which means it's present in a plenty of vintage gear. Read more about RetroBand here.
My name is Stefan Svartling. I am 45 years old & lives in Sweden. I like Gadgets & Tech. Testing apps & gadgets is something I really like :) You can contact me if you want me to test your products. I often make a video and post it on YouTube too!
These are my devices:
I'm running a website called Svartling Network. It's tightly integrated with Google+, all comments and interactions syncs. Comments on Google+ shows up on the site and vice versa. It is actually Google+ that is my main "blog", a modern blog, my social "RSS" feed, and not the old traditional boring normal text blog with an old RSS feed. I often also embed Google+ posts in my posts, so that you can easily engage with the source. So please follow me on Google+ so you don't miss any of my thoughts and musings about technology & gadgets. I also write for the site Phonejunkies, so go check that site out. My posts are here.
Follow me and my posts on Google+ (call it subscribing if you want, it's the new RSS)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - the Svartling Network!
Follow me on Twitter: @svartling
Be a Fan on FaceBook: Svartling Network