I have found an iPad app called Auria from the professional developers Wavemachine Labs, that is so powerful and professional that it can actually replace most of the Digital Audio Workstations (DAW) on any computer. It finally proves that I'm right about the iPad. It can really replace computers. The iPad is such a great content creation device! I'm so glad that I already lives in the Post-PC era. Living in the future.
And the best thing is: Auria makes it even easier and more fun to do these things!
And I also want to let you know that nothing on Android comes even near this. Nothing. The android Apps is a total joke compared to Auria and hundreds or not even thousands of other real professional Apps like Auria for the iPad.
With the ability to play 48 mono or stereo 24bit/96 kHz tracks at the same time, record up to 24 tracks simultaneously, and edit and mix with all the tools you need with full parameter automation, it’s clear Auria sets a new standard for iPad multitrack recording.
Auria has a 64-bit Double Precision architecture that ensures headroom for plug-in processing and mix summing, it makes your iPad into a recording and mixing studio with sound quality that rivals most DAWs.
Auria has customizable pan laws, meters that are selectable between peak and RMS, full delay compensation for all tracks, including aux sends and subgroups. A vintage-inspired channel strip on every channel, a dedicated master channel strip, optional add-on effects engineered by renowned makers such as PSPaudioware, Overloud, FabFilter and Drumagog, and support for Dropbox, Soundcloud, and AAF, Auria truly raises the bar for recording and mixing on the iPad.
Auria has an In-App Store for VST plugins that are made for the iPad. There is already allot of them from the biggest developers in the music making scene. And a lot more to come. This feature alone makes it a fully-fledged DAW replacement.
Full Auria Feature List
- 48 tracks of simultaneous playback of stereo or mono files. (24 tracks on iPad 1)
- Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (Camera Connection Kit required)
- Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz (iPad 1 supports only 44.1KHz and 48KHz)
- Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
- MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
- 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
- MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
- MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
- Third party effect plugin support available via in-app purchase (only iOS-version plugins are supported. All plugins must be purchased through the in-app store)
- AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and more
- Convolution reverb plugin with included IR library
- ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
- StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
- 8 Assignable subgroups and 2 aux sends
- Time Stretching using Dirac 3 Pro technology
- Real-time audio scrubbing
- Tempo sync and side chain support for plug-ins
- Powerful touch-based waveform editor with features such as cut/copy/paste, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, dc offset, reverse, and more
- Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and SMPTE frames
- DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
- Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
- Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
- True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
- Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project. Adjustable offset times and video export capability
- Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
- Auto-punch mode
- WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
- AuriaLink allows two iPads running Auria to play and record in sync, allowing for 96 tracks of playback and 48 tracks of recording
- Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends
- Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
- Adjustable pan laws
- Sample accurate loop function
- Automatic sample rate conversion
- Built-in metronome