Cantabile is a simple, easy to use VST host, MIDI recorder and audio recorder.
Designed primarily for real-time playing of virtual instruments, Cantabile includes a highly optimized audio engine to minimize system load and reduce audio drop outs.
Cantabile is free and beta I is available now.
* Real time processing of VST effects and instruments (VSTi).
* Support for ASIO and DirectSound audio drivers.
* Saves and loads VST prorgram and bank (fxp/fxb) files.
* Can automatically load the correct plugin for a particular fxb/fxp file.
* Input and output gain controls.
* Input and output level meters.
* Buffer utilitization meter shows system load.
* Midi recorder writes directly to midi file.
* Audio recorder writes directly to wave file.
* Audio recorder can record audio input or the output of the currently loaded VST.
* Midi and audio recorders support automatic start/stop mode.
* On-screen keyboard.
* Collapsable user-interface saves screen space for unused features.
* Highly optimized multi-threaded audio engine, including support for MMX and SSE CPU instructions.