"TheDrumSource is VST instrument that is a sample based drum machine. You can load it in any Digital audio workstation (DAW) like Cubase and Minihost.
It has a sequencer and a built in sample browser. It looks and 'feels' like a classic (x0x) hardware drum machine. TheDrumSource is designed with the purpose to be very simple and easy to work with even if you are used to work with hardware drum machines or not. The built in sample browser in TheDrumsource makes it very easy to navigate through your samples. The sequencer can be running when looking for new samples. You will hear the sample the moment you selects it. There is also a quick button to select the previous and next sample in the same directory as the current selected sample. TheDrumsource has a very short time to get started on making your beats."
- Built in sample browser suited for a easy workflow when working with samples. And almost all of TheDrumSource's functions is still available while browsing.
- Built in sequencer that has 24 sequences for your patterns. The patterns are of the 16-step bar type
- Support for many sample formats (including 24 bit samples): WAV, AIFF, AIFC, AU, SND, RAW, PAF, IFF, SVX, SF, VOC, W64, MAT4, MAT5, PVF, XI, HTK, CAF, SD2, FLAC, OGG.
- A GUI that can be resized to suit you screen.
- A quick button to change the next and previous sample in current directory of the selected sample.
- A stereo output channel for each drum. And a mode to mix down all channels temporary into one stereo channel for quick tests to get you up and running a little bit faster on some hosts.
- The SYNC mode. The sequencer is synced by the host (DAW) and you control which of the 24 track to be played with MIDI (octave 2 and 3).
- The MIDI mode. The samples can be played through midi keyboard (octave 1) with the sequencer turned off.
- The RUN mode. Lets you play around with the TheDrumsource sequencer when your host (DAW) is not running.
- Clean interface so you don't get distracted in your creative work. TheDrumsource uses context menus to make this possible.