ToneBoosters launches TB EBULoudness, a stereo and multi-channel loudness measurement plug-in for both Windows and Mac.
"The EBU published its Loudness Recommendation EBU R128. It tells how broadcasters can measure and normalize audio using loudness meters instead of Peak Meters (PPMs) only, as is common practice nowadays. TB_EBULoudness calculates k-weighted momentary loudness (LM), short-term loudness (LS), integrated loudness (LI) and loudness range (LRA) compliant with the EBU specifications. Furthermore, true-peak levels (dBTP) are displayed as well. For more information on EBU loudness, please go here.
Besides compliance to loudness requirements, TB_EBULoudness is also a very useful tool to align the perceived loudness of different audio tracks (for example on an album). Differences in loudness (expressed as loudness units, or LU) can be directly translated into attenuation or gain expressed in dB to align the loudness of two or more tracks.Furthermore, the loudness range indicator can provide valuable information to verify the dynamic range of a track, and the potential need for dynamic range compression."
- 4 loudness descriptors available simutaneously
- Compliant with EBU-R BS.1770, EBU-R-128, EBU Tech report 3341, and EBU Tech report 3342
- EBU mode LUFS, EBU+9, EBU+18 and EBU+27 loudness scales
- True-peak (dBTP) measurement including oversampling and DC compensation
- Support of all sampling rates from 22kHz upwards
- Single plugin for stereo and 5.1 loudness measurements
- Based on the VST 2.4 specification to allow compatibility with virtually all host programs
Price: 10 EUR
Source via Music Informatory