Yesterday HTC had an event where they show us the new flagship phone HTC One. It's a great smartphone running Android.It has a 4.7-inch display and to me personally that starts to be kinda small :) But the display has full 1080p HD resolution with the incredible 468 PPI. It's the highest Pixel density on any smartphone yet.
HTC one will be out March globally in over 80 regions. No info on price yet (see complete official specs below).
But yesterday was a very interesting day for other news too. Canonical announced Ubuntu for tablets ( 3:34 ), and I must say that it looked very interesting. If Ubuntu is doing everything right with this I think they will be to count for in the mobile space.
A very cool feature is that you can run both smartphone and tablet apps, at the same time. For example a tablet app in landscape mode to the left, and a smartphone app in portrait mode to the right! Total multitasking. That's very cool.
In the future it will be possible to run same apps on both desktop, smartphone and tablet. The developers only needs to recompile them for that. I think that is the future. It is how the future will be. Our mobile devices becomes our desktop computers when we need to. And vice versa.
See this video to also see baked in videos of the HTC one and Ubuntu for tablets. Enjoy!
Full specs for the HTC One:
* Android 4.1.2 with HTC Sense 5
* Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600, quad-core, 1.7GHz
* Total storage: 32GB/64GBi, available capacity varies
* RAM: 2GB DDR2
* Battery: 2300 mAh embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery
* BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 μm, Sensor size 1/3'
* Dedicated HTC ImageChip™ 2
* F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
* Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
* Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject
* Front Camera: 88 wide angle lens with HDR capability
* 1080p Full HD video recording for both front and back cameras
* HDR Video
* Continuous shooting and VideoPic
* Slow motion video recording with variable speed playback
* HTC Zoe™ with highlights and HTC Zoe™ Share
* Retouch with Object Removal, Always Smile, and Sequence Shot
* 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
* NFC capable
* Compliant with Bluetooth 4.0
* Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX™ enabled
* Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n
* DLNA® for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or computer
* Support consumer infrared remote control
* micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection (Special cable required for HDMI connection.)
* Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
* Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio™
* HDR Microphone
* Sense Voice
* GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
* WCDMA (1900/2100 (B2/B1) MHz)
* CDMA (800/1900 BC0/BC1/BC10, Sprint)
* LTE (1900 (B25, SPCS)
* Frequencies will vary by region/operator
* Gyro sensor
* Proximity sensor
* Ambient light sensor
* Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS
* Digital compass
* Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
* DC output: 5 V and 1 A
* SIZE: 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3mm/4mm (max/min)
* WEIGHT: 143 grams with battery
* DISPLAY: 4.7 inch, Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI