Here is an app tip for the app Prologue - an Audiobook app for Plex servers and iOS devices. So now you can stream audiobooks from your Plex server at home anywhere in the world. It works great. If you have external access to your Plex Media Server, then you can stream all your audiobooks to your iOS devices where ever you are in the world. And if you pay for the Prologue app, then you can download them to your iPhone or iPad, so you don't have to use any mobile data. Personally I prefer streaming though, because I have an unlimited mobile data plan.
In Prologue you can set the speed of the listening, you can bookmark where you are, the app remembers your position in the exact audio file you are on, and much more.
The app is free, but if you pay a small one time fee, you can download audiobooks to your device, and use Plex collections. Personally I think you should pay to support developers like this.
- All the benefits of Plex: stream your audiobooks from anywhere in the world
- Pick up from where you left off: prologue remembers playback positions across all your audiobooks
- Download your audiobooks to listen when you’re offline
- Organize your audiobooks by grouping them into collections
- Sleep timer and playback speed control
- CarPlay support
- Feature requires a one time purchase to unlock