The new Samsung Galaxy Book S makes me excited for next year’s iPhone and a coming ARM-based MacBook
I watched the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event. On it Samsung presented a new kind of laptop that runs on a 7nm ARM-based Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. The 7nm CPU makes it have a very long battery life: 23 hours. That reminds me of next year's iPhone that will have a very exciting 5nm CPU. It will make the iPhone have an extremely long battery life. So the 2020 iPhone model will be really something as I’ve written about before.
The Samsung Galaxy Book S also makes me sure that we will soon see an ARM-based MacBook from Apple. The reason why I am sure about that now, is because Samsung always tries to be one step before Apple, so they released the Galaxy Book S now to try be ahead of Apple. Apple killed the 12-inch MacBook and only offers the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro now. I believe they killed it to prepare it to be an ARM-based device. I think Apple will revive the MacBook when their 5nm ARM chipset is ready. That will be something then. I can hardly wait.
Samsung just announced the Galaxy Book S, a new ultralight laptop powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8cx processor, onstage at its Unpacked event.
Here is the Samsung Galaxy Book S specs:
- Display: 13.3’’ FHD TFT (16:9) Touch: 10-point multi-touch screen
- Dimensions: 305.2 x 203.2 x 6.2-11.8 mm, 0.96 kg
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx, 7nm 64-bit Octa-core processor (Max. 2.84 GHz + 1.8GHz)
- RAM: Memory 8GB RAM (LPDDR4X)
- Storage: 256 / 512GB+ microSD slot (up to 1TB)
- Camera: 720p HD
- Battery: 42Wh, up to 23 hours video playback
- Other features: Gigabit LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, fingerprint sensor, Dolby Atmos, Windows Hello support
According to Samsung, the Galaxy Book S will be available starting at $999 this September.Please subscribe to my channel