Introducing Paax 2, a powerful VST sampler that matches many of the features of expensive samplers. Paax 2 is available both in a limited freeware version and as the full-feature Paax 2 Pro sampler, for a very low fee!
Paax 2 Features
* Up to 128 presets per bank.
* Up to 84 splits per preset and 8 dual velocity-layers (16 samples) per split.
* 128 simultaneous voices*.
* Plays 8/16/24/32 bit**, mono/stereo wav files @ any sample rate.
* Low CPU consumption.
* RAM save scheme (only active presets’ samples are loaded at one time).
* Low aliasing resampling technology, 32 bit audio engine.
* 3 envelope controls (DAHDSR) per preset: amplitude, pitch and filter cutoff.
* 3 configurable LFOs per preset: tremolo, vibrato and filter cutoff with optional delay.
* All envelopes and oscillators can be synchronized to MIDI tempo.
* New Micro-Granular pitch-shifting option for transposing sounds without affecting duration/timbre.
* New bank format offers choice for embedded or referenced samples.
* Capable of importing SoundFonts (.sf2) and AKAI S5000/6000 programs (.akp)
* Fully automatable.
* VST 2.3 compatible.
* Freeware version is limited to 64 voice polyphony.
** Freeware version can only load 8/16 bit wavs.
What are the requirements for using Paax 2?
Paax 2 is a VSTi (Virtual Studio Technology) instrument plug-in that runs on any Windows VST compatible host; typically an audio sequencer like Cubase, Nuendo, N-Track Studio, etc.
All you need is a PC (Pentium II or higher, 128 MB RAM min., Win 98/NT/2000/XP), a soundcard, and a VST compatible host (ASIO compatible host/card provide a lower latency).
Which sample formats can be used with Paax 2?
Paax 2 is currently compatible with any 8/16/24/32 bit*, mono/stereo, 11/22/44/48/96 KHz wav file. Wav samples are loaded to RAM and can be optionally embedded into the proprietary bank files, allowing the user to encapsulate all the audio data in a single file. Alternatively, wave files can be individually read from the hard drive, thus generating rather small bank files.
* Freeware version can only load 8/16 bit wavs.
* Added robustness to bank import for future compatibility.