"MashTactic was initially designed as a mashup tool. It can separate different parts of a full mix, manipulating different frequencies and stereo location. Up to eight zones can be created that can then be panned, emphasized or cut out completely. It can be viewed as an eight band filter that exists in stereo ranges as well as frequency.
Transients of varying length can be separated from constant sounds, which allows the user to manipulate the initial punch of percussion, either by emphasizing or softening the attack, this can be done separately in any of the eight zones."
- * 8 stereo areas of sharp cut-off filtering.
- * Adjust levels separately in all selected zones.
- * A great tool for mashup music makers, as vocals
- and other sounds can be identified and
- manipulated within a full mix.
- * Allows the user to emphasise or cut percussive
- transients giving control over punch or softness
- in any zone.
- * Each zone can pan separately.
- * Great for analysing balance and frequency mix of a
- track you're composing.
Source via Music Informatory