Sony Xperia Z Ultra finally official - mega huge phablet that is actually not too big for me (updated with vlog)
So the much rumored mega phablet - Sony Xperia Z Ultra is finally official. Today Sony had an event where they presented this 6.44-inch big phablet. Or as Sony says. "The world’s largest Full HD smartphone display". One cool feature that I will probably not use, is that you don't need a specific stylus to write or draw on the screen, you can use any input, normal pen, finger or anything.
And I must say that this device is highly impressive! I have earlier said that that these sizes is way too big, but after seeing some videos and images with it, I have started to change my mind. I don't think it's too big for me. In fact, it can be the perfect device for me. It will replace both a phone and a tablet for me. One device instead of two.
It's only 6.5mm thick! Incredible, but that comes with a price, one of the biggest drawbacks, only a 8 megapixel main camera without no LED flash. It is simply too thin for having a better camera.
Personally I would have preferred a 1-2mm thicker device if it could have got a better camera then.
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra is also waterproof and not only water resistant now, and doesn't have a rubber flap over the headphone jack. That's nice.
The device will be available in third quarter this year, the rumor says September and will cost 729 euro. It will come in either White, Black or Purple. In images I've seen I think I prefer the white one actually. Looks really nice on the front.
Xperia Z Ultra features:
- 6.4” Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile powered by X-Reality™ for mobile engine for the ultimate viewing experience
- Ultra slim, waterproof** and dust resistant (IP55/IP58) durable design
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPUs and 4G LTE for fast performance
- Write and sketch with any pencil and selected stylus or pen (capacitive stylus or metal pen with tip diameter over 1mm)
- 8 megapixel camera with “Exmor RS for mobile” sensor and HDR for videos and photos
- Full accessory ecosystem for premium entertainment and connectivity
- Battery STAMINA Mode for outstanding battery life