I have now used my 64GB gold iPad Air 2 for a couple of weeks. So I did a vlog review of it that you can watch above.
It's an awesome device. It's the most powerful mobile device I've ever own. And I really like the gold color. It's beautiful. And the screen is amazing, it's a very noticeable difference to the iPad Air 1 display. So clear and sharp.
The battery life is not as good as it was on the iPad Air 1 though, and I have an issue where it sometimes hangs unexpectedly. So I have to do a Software reset. I don't know why. Hopefully it fixes itself with the iOS 8.1.1 update.
My Gold 64GB iPad Air 2 review
- beautiful in gold
- because of how thin it is, it's much easier to handle with one hand and also hold it while working on it. I don't use the smart cover stand so much anymore.
- incredibly fast
- has never seen pages or apps reload thanks to 2GB RAM
- 64GB is maybe not enough even if I have 200GB iCloud drive storage
- One reason is that I need to have more video clips available locally on the iPad because it takes a lot of mobile data when I want to download them to the device when I'm not home
- camera is good
- And it's true that the bigger display makes it a better viewfinder
- hangs sometimes so that I have to do a Software reset
- I think it has something to do with iCloud drive
- strange that it never happens on the iPhone 6 though…
- another thing that is not so good is the battery life
- I can barely use it for one complete day now
- the iPad Air 1 had better battery life, easily enough for a complete day
If you can't watch the video above, click here: iPad Air 2 - my vlog review
Watch more videos from the iPad playlist(sorted from oldest to newest):
My videos about Apple's iPad.