In this episode of my new English short-form podcast called The 5 minute podcast, I talk about a new Apple patent. Where Apple reveals both a wide angle camera and a telephoto camera in the same device (iPhone). We have earlier seen that Apple is working on a new kind of camera for the iPhone so this makes it even more interesting. Download and listen to this episode via iTunes or manually from this RSS Feed.
See more what this episode is all about in the show notes below.
This is an English short-form podcast called The 5 minute podcast! It will bring you the latest news and rumors about technology and gadgets, and of course a lot about Apple, but also other stuff that I find interesting. Please support me by subscribing to this podcast via iTunes! Or you can manually subscribe by adding the RSS Feed to your favorite podcast player. You can also listen to this podcast directly on the web in your web browser by going here.
If you like it, please support me by giving this brand new podcast a review in iTunes! It would help me a lot. Seriously.
- Follow up:
- Sorry for the bad sound in the episode before this… Not my fault. A bug in the latest update of the Opinion app.
- This episode is recorded in GarageBand for iOS. Works great! Very impressed.
- Thank you for all the new subscriptions and downloads of this short-form podcast!
- Please write a review in iTunes. It helps me a lot. So please.
- The patent:
- An Apple patent reveals both a wide angle and telephoto camera
- Apple is investigating ways to fit two cameras into a portable device
- The telephoto lens has a track length of 6mm or less, and a focal length of about 7mm.
- A telephoto ratio are within 0.74 and 1.0
- This Apple patent is from October 2013
- My thoughts and posts:
- Apple maybe add a better and different kind of camera already on iPhone 6s
- Apple always have a better camera for the “S” version of the iPhone.
- If not, we will definitely see an awesome camera on the iPhone 7 next year.
- They are focusing on the camera because they want to get rid of the protruding camera lens that the iPhone 6 has
- They bought the company LinX just because of that, as I've done a video about before
- The Israeli company LinX makes multi-apperture camera modules that makes it possible to have really short (thin) camera modules, but with even better image quality than we have ever seen in a mobile camera.
- It will be very interesting to see what Apple has to offer when it comes to a new camera for the iPhone.
- You can send me feedback by email to Svartling@gmail.com or on Twitter.
- You can also send in questions and tips as audio files to me, so that I can add them to a podcast. That way you can be in one of the episodes. I will of course link to you and talk about where they can follow you if you like.
- Please give this Podcast a review in iTunes if you like it. It would help me a lot.
- Some links:
Here is a short video for those who prefer video over audio:
Subscribe to my English podcast: The 5 minute podcast!
Subscribe & Download via iTunes please!