In this episode of my English short-form podcast called The 5 minute podcast, I talk about some new info about new features for the iPad in iOS 9. According to a very reliable source will the iPad get split screen applications support. Maybe already presented in the first iOS 9 beta on WWDC 8th of June. And it will have support for the latest iPads. It will also get multi-user support but not until the 12-inch iPads are available. Apple is testing two 12-inch iPad prototypes codenamed J98 and J99. Download and listen to this episode via iTunes or manually from this RSS Feed.
See more what this episode is all about in the show notes below.
This is my English short-form podcast called The 5 minute podcast! It will bring you the latest news and rumors about technology and gadgets, and of course a lot about Apple, but also other stuff that I find interesting. Please support me by subscribing to this podcast via iTunes! Or you can manually subscribe by adding the RSS Feed to your favorite podcast player.
If you like it, please support me by giving this podcast a review in iTunes! It would help me a lot. Seriously.
- iPad will get split screen mode and multi-user support with iOS 9
- a dual-app viewing mode. Maybe already presented on WWDC 8th of June
- Apple is testing some 12-inch iPads codenamed “J98″ and “J99”
- support for multi-user logins. Not available until the 12-inch iPads are available later this year or next year.
- there will be support for split screen mode for the latest iPads. So that means that the iPad Air 2 and even the iPad Air 1 will be able to use these new features.
- multi-user support will not be available until later when the iPad pro is released. So that could mean that it will only be available for the 12-inch iPad and not for the iPad Air.
- if Apple really will release a bigger iPad Pro, then I think Apple need to change iOS to fit the larger display. It can't look like it does on the iPad Air. So split screen mode applications could be the right thing to do.
- it will be really great to use for example the Apps Drafts and Editorial side by side in split screen mode. Or iMovie and GarageBand.
- as being living in the post-pc era, it will be very interesting to see what Apple will present on WWDC. I'm very interested in what new features there could be for the iPad in iOS 9.
- I'm sure WWDC will be a pure software event. The only hardware that will be presented will be a new Apple TV. But only maybe…
- You can send me feedback by email to Svartling@gmail.com or on Twitter.
- You can also send in questions and tips as audio files to me, so that I can add them to a podcast. That way you can be in one of the episodes. I will of course link to you and talk about where they can follow you if you like.
- Please give this Podcast a review in iTunes if you like it. It would help me a lot.
- Follow me on Twitter
- Check out my Swedish long form podcast.
Here is a short video for those who prefer video over audio:
Subscribe to my English podcast: The 5 minute podcast!
Subscribe & Download via iTunes!
Here is the RSS feed that you also can use to download the episodes, if you don't use iTunes.