A thought has been nagging my brain for a while, and I think it's an interesting thought so I decided to do an article about it.
- What would happen if Apple lowered the price for the iPhone drastically for just one year?
- So that they hardly get any profit at all
- So that almost anyone can afford buying it
- Apple could easily do it. They can afford it.
- Let's say the iPhone 7 next year for $299 for example.
- Of course it would still be the best high end phone possible, so no limitations to make it cheaper. It should really be the next top model.
- They just lower the price on purpose for one year to see what happens.
- Would the world domination become complete then?
- They would gain a lot of new users
- They would win over a lot of Android users that's for sure
- I think it would crush the android low and mid end market totally
- It could actually be the death of Android as we know it
- I'm totally sure they would gain a lot of new loyal customers for life
- Apple would get a lot of revenue from new users buying apps and services from their excellent eco system
- I actually think this would be an excellent idea for Apple to use their billions in capital for
- I see more benefits than drawbacks with this idea
- Seriously, what would be the cons?
- I think the pressure on the manufacturing factories would be too hard though. They wouldn't cope with the demand.
Would you buy a 64GB iPhone 7 for just $299? Can you see any drawbacks for Apple doing this for just one year? More than profit loss I mean?
Concept Image Credit: Sahanan Yogarasa